It seems, Jio has a lot in store for its users this New Year. Earlier this week, the telecom major introduced a new cashback offer called the “Surprise Cashback” for its Prime members, under which the company is offering up to Rs 3,300 cashback on all recharges of Rs 399 and above plans. The cashback will be made in three forms — MyJio vouchers, instant cashback and shopping coupons. The cashback that a Prime user will get depends on how the recharge is done.
Lets’ take a detailed look on how the new Surprise Cashback offer actually works, and all the limitations attached to it.
- First thing that is worth noting is that the cashback will be offered only to users recharging their Jio numbers with Rs 399 prepaid plan or above. And the recharge should be done before January 15. In simple words, the Surprise Cashback offer will be effective on all Rs 399 recharges done before January 15, 2018.
- If you make the recharge via MyJio app – Jio will offer a cashback of up to Rs 400. For instance, if you recharge your Jio plan with Rs 399 or above plan, the telco will offer Rs 400 cashback. The cashback will be made in the form of MyJio cashback voucher. However, there’s no mention on when will Jio credit the voucher.
- All that is known is that the vouchers will be credited to MyJio app and will be in the form of eight vouchers of Rs 50. Also, like the previously announced Triple cashback offer, you can redeem only one Rs 50 voucher at a time. This means that the total of Rs 400 can only be redeemed over the next 8 recharges.
- After the vouchers have been credited, you can head on to the “My Vouchers” section of your MyJio app and redeem it.
- The second cashback works on recharging the Jio number via e-wallets like Paytm, AmazonPay, AxisPay, FreeCharge, Mobikwik and PhonePe. On recharging with Rs 399 or above plans via any of the mentioned e-wallet, Jio will offer Rs 300 cashback.
- The cashback – on recharging via Paytm or any other e-wallet – will be an instant one. This means, soon after recharging, you’ll get Rs 300 transferred to your respective e-wallet instantly.
- If you recharge your Jio number with Rs 399 plan or above plan via MyJio app or any other platform, Jio will offer up to Rs 2,600 discount in the form of vouchers. Basically, you get done with Rs 399 recharge on your Jio number and Jio will offer you with vouchers which you can use it on the respective e-commerce stores during your future purchase.
- These vouchers will be credited to your MyJio app, after which you will be able to redeem them. To redeem, go to My Vouchers section on MyJio app, click on the voucher and tap on Redeem option. You can visit the nearest Jio Digital store on how to redeem these vouchers.
- The coupons include: 20 per cent discount on Zoomcar which is up to Rs 1,000, 30 per cent on OYO Hotel booking and 50 per cent OYO Money cashback which is up to Rs 1,500, 100 per cent cashback on Paytm Mall, 20 per cent discount on BigBash, and Rs 300 cashback on Grofers order of Rs 1,500, Rs 500 off on domestic flights through Yatra, valid only on one-way bookings.
- Note: All the above mentioned vouchers will be valid until March 31. So, you got to user it before it expires. It is also worth noting that, the cashback will be effective on Rs 399 or above recharges dones before Jan 15 and you should also be a Prime member.